2 Whole Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Spice for Life Coriander
Dash of Spice for Life Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 cup Diced Onion
1/4 cup Diced Green Bell Pepper
1/4 cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
3 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 can (10 oz.) Rotel Tomatoes & Green Chilies
32 fl oz. Low Sodium Chicken Stock
3 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
2 cans (15 oz. can) Black Beans, Drained
3 Tbsp. Cornmeal
5 Whole Corn Tortillas, cut into strips or use cutters to cut shapes, olive oil, salt
Diced Red Onion
Salsa or Pico De Gallo
Grated Monterey Jack Cheese
Bon Cook Products Used
Bon Mat, perf
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix cumin, chili pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on chicken breasts, then sprinkle a small amount of spice mix on both sides. Set aside the rest of the spice mix.
2. Place chicken breasts on a BONMAT™ placed on a Perforated Baking Sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is done. Use two forks to shred chicken. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pot over medium high heat. Add onions, red pepper, green pepper, and minced garlic. Stir and begin cooking, then add the rest of the spice mix. Stir to combine, then add shredded chicken and stir.
4. Pour Rotel tomatoes & peppers, chicken, tomato paste, stock, and black beans into a stock pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 45 minutes, uncovered.
5. Mix cornmeal with a small amount of water. Pour into the soup, then simmer for an additional 30 minutes. Check seasonings, adding more if needed. Turn off heat and allow to sit for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
6. Brush corn tortillas with olive oil, cut into shapes, salt, place on BONMAT™ and bake at 350 degrees until crisp.
7. Ladle into bowls, then top with sour cream, diced red onion, diced avocado, Pico de Gallo, grated cheese, and tortilla chips. (The garnishes really make the soup delicious.)
Active Time: 20
Total Time: 70