- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- Place the Rectangular Mold or Fleximat on Perforated Baking Sheet.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the crepe ingredients: flour, eggs, sugar, salt, milk, club soda, and melted butter.
- Set aside for about 20 minutes.
- While the crepe mixture rests, start the Chantilly Cream by adding all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, whisking, or, using a mixer, beating until soft peaks form. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add 1 cup of batter in the rectangular mold, tilting to distribute it evenly.
- Place in the oven for about 4 minutes (start watching at a minute and a half) until the top looks dry and the edges slightly browning. Do not overbake.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes.
- When the batter is cooler, place another Bonmat with the Perforated Baking Sheet over the Rectangular Mold and flip to unmold the crepe.
- Cut the crepe into 8 slices and spread a thin layer of FRENCH PANTRY Apricot Almond Jam on top or any preferred filling.
- Layer strawberries and Chantilly Cream.
- Roll or fold.
- Top with more Chantilly cream, almonds, and powdered sugar, optional.
- Serve immediately or set aside. Roll the crepe up in parchment if storing and tuck in the edges. Crepes are best immediately after they’re made.
bon TIP: Place your mixing bowl in the freezer for an hour before making the Chantilly Cream to help your Chantilly Cream peak.
Enjoy cooking from our bon COOK kitchen to yours!