- In Mixing Bowl, combine flour, yeast and salt.
- Add water and stir until blended (the dough will be sticky and shaggy at this point in the process)
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rest at least 18 hours, at warm room temperature. Dough is ready when its surface is dotted with bubbles
- Place Large Round Mold on the Medium Perforated Baking Sheet.
- Lightly flour Roul’Pat and pour dough onto it. Sprinkle the dough with a bit more flour and fold it over and press it 3-4 times.
- Gently pick up dough and center it in the Round Mold, covering with the Octagonal Bonmat.
- Let rise for an additional 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place oven rack in center position.
- Bake 30 minutes covered, then carefully remove the Bonmat, using an oven mitt or hot pad.
- Bake another 4-6 minutes, until the loaf is beautifully browned.
- Cool on cooling rack for at least 10 minutes to allow easier cutting (the crust will be nice and crunchy, so you can accidentally “mash” the loaf by rushing this resting process and it will appear doughy, even though the loaf is fully baked)
bon TIP: Make your dough in the evening before bedtime, to give it plenty of time to rise.
*You may add different flavors to your Artisan Bread. Below are a few of our favorite suggestions!
Before adding dough onto the Roul’Pat:
- Herb Artisan Bread: Choose your favorite French Pantry Herb Blend and fold 1-2 tablespoons into the dough.
- Kalamata Olive Artisan Bread: Add ¾ cup Kalamata olives and fold into your dough.
- Cheese and Herb Bread:
- Add these ingredients and fold into the dough:
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- just before baking, brush on a beaten egg to glaze and add grated cheese to taste, for the topping.