- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lay puff pastry on the Roul’Pat.
- Gently and quickly, roll out the puff pastry to a 13”x9” rectangle.
- Using the backside of the Cake Server Knife, cut straight edges around the pastry, being sure not to cut the Roul’Pat.
- Place the pastry in Fleximat.
- Using the backside of your Cake Server Knife, score pastry dough one inch from the edge making an inner rectangle.
- With a fork, gently pierce the inner rectangle once or twice per inch. Again, careful not to pierce the Fleximat.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove dish from oven.
- Sprinkle cheese atop the pastry.
- Trim the asparagus to fit the inner rectangle of the pastry so it will be as pretty as it is tasty.
- Place asparagus in a single layer over the cheese and alternate the tips and ends.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
bon TIP for Asparagus Tart Recipe:
- Try drizzling our Apple White Balsamic Vinegar on top of this tart…it is to die for!
- You can pre-bake the pastry and take it to your next gathering. Tell your friends how easy it is to make this dish with little to no clean-up!
- When Asparagus season has left us, you can replace it with other in-season vegetables. For example, use apples in place of asparagus, following the recipe directions. Top with the Apple White Balsamic Vinegar.
- Puff pastry from the grocery store works well in this savory tart. Thaw pastry according to package directions.
- Fontina cheese can be substituted for the Gruyere cheese.
- If you prefer your asparagus more tender, blanch asparagus prior to baking.
- You can serve this in pieces the size of square pizza or serve it as a finger food or appetizers in smaller sections.
If you use the Rectangular Mold, you will use the same process except make 2 layers.
Directions using the Rectangular Mold:
- Cut pastry into two 10″x5” rectangles and follow directions above for each pastry.
- Place one 10”x5” pastry sheet in Mold and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Repeat with second pastry sheet.
- Assemble with two layers, pastry, cheese, asparagus and repeat.
- Place back into the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy cooking from our bon COOK kitchen to yours!