- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place Flexiflat into Medium Perforated Baking Sheet.
- Chop nuts and toss with cinnamon. Set aside.
- Unroll phyllo dough on Rou’l Pat. If necessary, cut phyllo to fit better. Cover phyllo with a dampened cloth to keep from drying out as you work.
- Place two sheets of dough in Flexiflat, butter thoroughly. Repeat one sheet at a time until you have 8 sheets layered. Sprinkle 1/3 of nut mixture on top. Top with two sheets of dough, butter, and nuts, layering as you go. The top layer should be about 6 – 8 sheets deep.
- Cut completely into diamond or square shapes. You may cut into 4 long rows the make diagonal cuts.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until baklava is golden and crisp.
- While baklava is baking start the sauce boiling sugar and water until sugar is melted. Add vanilla, lemon, and honey.
- Simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown and thickened.
- Remove baklava from oven and immediately spoon sauce over it.
- Let cool. Serve in cupcake papers.
The baklava freezes well. Leave it uncovered as it gets soggy if it is wrapped up.