- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place Fleximat into Medium Perforated Baking Sheet.
- Chop nuts and toss with cinnamon. Set aside.
- Unroll phyllo dough on Rou’l Pat. If necessary, cut phyllo to fit better. Cover phyllo with a dampened cloth to keep from drying out as you work.
- Place two sheets of dough in Fleximat, butter thoroughly. Repeat one sheet at a time until you have 8 sheets layered. Sprinkle 1/3 of nut mixture on top. Top with two sheets of dough, butter, and nuts, layering as you go. The top layer should be about 6 – 8 sheets deep.
- Cut completely into diamond or square shapes. You may cut into 4 long rows the make diagonal cuts.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until baklava is golden and crisp.
- While baklava is baking start the sauce boiling sugar and water until sugar is melted. Add vanilla, lemon, and honey.
- Simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown and thickened.
- Remove baklava from oven and immediately spoon sauce over it.
- Let cool. Serve in cupcake papers.
The baklava freezes well. Leave it uncovered as it gets soggy if it is wrapped up.
Enjoy cooking from our bon COOK kitchen to yours!