- Preheat the Oven to 350 °F.
- Place Rectangular Tray on a Medium Perforated Baking Sheet.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt then set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer using a paddle attachment, or a large bowl if using an electric hand mixer.
- Add the oil and vanilla, mix to combine then scrape the bowl down.
- Mix the eggs one at a time until incorporated before adding the next. Scrape the bowl down once more and mix again.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter in alternating batches while mixing on low.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the center is set.
- For the whipped cream, beat ingredients together until stiff and soft peaks form without collapsing.
- Once the cake is cool, top with whipped cream and layer berries in a flag shape.
bon TIP: For ice cream topping add berries right before serving. Cream cheese frosting from the jar can also be used as an alternative for topping.
Enjoy cooking from our bon COOK kitchen to yours!